Snowshoe - Testival
February 11, 2023 | Schiestlhof, Weerberg
On Saturday, February 11, 2023, from 09:00 to 16:00, the Silberregion Karwendel becomes a meeting place for winter sports fans. Off the slopes, far from the turbulent skiing, meet snowshoe novices, experienced snowshoe hikers, experienced hiking guides and numerous exhibitors around the topic of snowshoeing at the Schiestlhof (Schmalzgasse 23, 6133 Weerberg). The Testival is aimed in particular at all those who want to try their first steps on the wide plates.
FREE RENTAL & GUIDED SNOWSHOE TOURS.
The top snowshoe models of the company TUBBS are available for rental free of charge on the day of the snowshoe festival. A wide range of snowshoe models for adults, youths and children guarantee the perfect fit and the highest possible wearing comfort. Trained hiking guides accompany the participants of the snowshoe festival on guided snowshoe tours and are on hand with tips and tricks. The guided snowshoe tours of the hiking guides are also offered free of charge.
Free participation in guided tours:
- Snowshoe hikes á max 45 min., on the hour from 09:00 to 15:00 - REGISTRATION ON SITE
- Snowshoe hikes á 2.5 h by the Alpine School Mountain and Rope, at 09:30 and 12:30
(max. 12 participants/tour) - SOLD OUT
- Snowshoe hike with tour guide Paul (approx. 2,5h) - SOLD OUT
- Snow-shoe-hike-with-Harry-Prünster á 1 h - SOLD OUT
- Children's snowshoe hike with Karwendolin
SUPPORTING PROGRAM AT THE EVENT SITE.
- Free rental of snowshoes and poles in all sizes (men, women, youth, children)
- Free avalanche courses by the Mountain Rescue Schwaz (theory and practice)
Course 1: 9:30-12:30; Course 2: 12:30-15:30 clock - SOLD OUT
- Gaudi snowshoe biathlon from 09:00 to 15:30 clock (raffle)
- Lottery (raffle) 15:30 clock
- Music and moderation by DJ Roseo
- Exhibitors and cooperation partners on site
- Catering by Schiestlhof
- Event end 16:00 clock
Gaudi Snowshoe Biathlon.
Target shooting and fast running are the premises in the biathlon. With us, the cross-country skis are exchanged with snowshoes and the fun of the movement is paramount. At the Snowshoe Biathlon of the Silberregion Karwendel, there are also great prizes up for grabs.
The snowshoe test festival is sustainable on the part of the tourism association and the Schiestlhof. The event was awarded as "GREEN EVENT TIROL basic".
We ask all visitors for an environmentally friendly journey by public transport. We recommend the use of the Regional bus line 8381 to stop Sportplatz. For the latest timetable information and all schedules, visit www.vvt.at. From 14:00 a shuttle to the train station Pill-Vomperbach is available. Registration is necessary until one hour before departure.
For more information on catering, you are welcome to contact Verena Lieb from Schiestlhof at 43(0)676/9115756.