At the 18th World Hiking Championships, powered by Hervis Sports, in autumn 2021, participants from all over the world can look forward to the diverse natural backdrop of the Karwendel silver region. From September 23 to 25, 2021 , the participants can expect a wide range of hiking routes with different levels of difficulty, which must be experienced, enjoyed and mastered. A special highlight will be the "Hervis marathon" on the 3rd day of the event.
Responsible: Austrian Volkssportverband
Participants: Everyone is invited to the event, children accompanied by adults
Kuhnstrasse 16, A-4600 Wels
Tel./Fax +43 (0) 7242 41240
IBAN: AT44 3474 1000 0040 7536
Registration deadline for groups: September 19, 2021
Registration for individuals, families or small groups will take place at the start & finish area from the day before the World Hiking Championships.
Entry fee: € 6 with medal, € 2 without award
Entry fee marathon: 8, - € with patch and certificate, 4, - € without patch
Award: World Hiking Championship medal
Hiking World Champion: Each participant who has mastered three routes will be awarded the Hiking World Champion certificate (2,- €). Those 12 clubs whose members hike the most kilometers will be crowned group world hiking champion.
Each feedback after completed hiking distance will be registered per hiker and evaluated for the group. The group affiliation is to be announced already with the registration.
Only pre-registrations are valid for the group ranking and only those participants who have completed at least three routes (individual World Hiking Champions) will be scored.
Because of Covid-19 there is no individual ranking at the WanderWM.
Medical service : Doctor on duty and Red Cross
Catering: dextrose and drinks
Insurance: The event is covered by liability insurance through the ÖVV. Accident insurance is a matter for the participant.
The event takes place in any weather.
International Hiking Week
18 until 26 September 2021
During the International Hiking Week in the Karwendel Silver Region, from September 18 to 26, 2021, a varied program awaits all hiking enthusiasts.
- 15:00, 16:00, 17:00 | Possibility of a guided tour through Schwaz in the afternoon
- 09:00 | Hike through the Wolfsklamm gorge to St. Georgenberg with IVV ranking
- 11:00 | Holy mass at St. Georgenberg with musical accompaniment
- 17:00 | Twilight pint in Vomp with the brass band "KARWENKA", moderation: Harry Prünster
Official opening of the International Hiking Week
- from 08:30 | drive to the Eng, sporty ones can march on foot over the Lamsenjoch into the Eng (guided hike with IVV ranking)
Live music in the various huts and inns
- 20:00 | Lecture "Peter Habeler - Lifelong Climbing" by Prof. Peter Habeler in the community hall Weerberg
- 10:00 | Hiking along the Ritter-Waldauf-Runde to the front suspension bridge with IVV rating
Stamp and pin at the suspension bridge
- 10:00 | Hiking day with Harry Prünster from Weerberg to Hüttegg with IVV rating
- from 08:00 | Start of the World Hiking Championships
- 19:00 | Meeting point in front of the parish church
- 19:15 | Ceremonial procession
Marching in together with the Stadtmusik Schwaz and the Plattlerjugend through Franz-Josef-Straße
- 19:30 | Opening ceremony
Official opening with speeches at the market place
- Afterwards | festivities in the SZentrum
Music: Die Hochnissler
Catering by the Jungbauern Schwaz
- from 08:00 | World Hiking Championships
- 17:00 | Evening hike to Freundsberg Castle with IVV ranking
- from 06:30 | World Hiking Championships and Hiking Marathon
- from 19:00 | Closing ceremony in the SZentrum
- 20:00 | Award ceremony and handing over of the flag
Moderation: Harry Prünster, Music: Ofenbank Express
Catering by the Jungbauern Schwaz
VIP wristband for the entire programme of the International Hiking Week (excluding registration fee for the Hiking World Championship)
- 30,- €
Take your fans with you.
Would you like to travel as a group? Our team will be happy to help you find suitable accommodation.
Please note the currently valid Covid measures:
- 3-G rule as a prerequisite for attending events during the International Hiking Week as well as the World Hiking Championships.
- Frequent hand washing and hand disinfection
- Coughing and sneezing in the crook of an elbow or handkerchief
- Avoid hugging and shaking hands
- Do not attend the event with COVID-19 symptoms
COVID-19 ANTIGENTEST possibility on site
Tourist Office Silberregion Karwendel | Münchner Straße 11 | 6130 Schwaz
Saturday, 18.09.2021 14.00 - 19.00 hrs
Sunday, 19.09.2021 16.00 - 19.00 o'clock
Monday, 20.09.2021 08.00 - 19.00 hrs
Tuesday, 21.09.2021 08.00 - 19.00 hrs
Wednesday, 22.09.2021 08.00 - 19.00 hrs
Thursday, 23.09.2021 08.00 - 19.00 hrs
Friday, 24.09.2021 08.00 - 19.00 hrs
Saturday, 25.09.2021 08.00 - 17.00 hours
Antigen testing station at the market place
Thursday, 23.09.2021 07.30 - 10.30 h 17.00 - 19.00 h
Friday, 24.09.2021 07.30 - 10.30 a.m.
Saturday, 25.09.2021 06.00 - 10.30 a.m.
The tests performed are each valid for 24 hours from sample collection.
Should there be any tightening of the measures in the meantime, we are obliged to comply with them also during the events of the International Hiking Week or the World Hiking Championships.