At the 18th World Hiking Championships, powered by Hervis Sports, in autumn 2021, participants from all over the world can look forward to the diverse natural backdrop of the Karwendel silver region. From September 23 to 25, 2021 , the participants can expect a wide range of hiking routes with different levels of difficulty, which must be experienced, enjoyed and mastered. A special highlight will be the hiking marathon on the 3rd day of the event.
Responsible: Austrian Volkssportverband
Participants: Everyone is invited to the event, children accompanied by adults
Kuhnstrasse 16, A-4600 Wels
Tel./Fax +43 (0) 7242 41240
IBAN: AT44 3474 1000 0040 7536
Registration deadline: September 13, 2021
Entry fee: € 6 with medal, € 2 without award
Entry fee marathon: 8, - € with patch and certificate, 4, - € without patch
Award: World Hiking Championship medal
Hiking World Champion: Each participant who has mastered three routes will be awarded the Hiking World Champion certificate (2,- €). Those 12 clubs whose members hike the most kilometers will be crowned group world hiking champion.
Each feedback after completed hiking distance will be registered per hiker and evaluated for the group. The group affiliation is to be announced already with the registration.
Only pre-registrations are valid for the group ranking and only those participants who have completed at least three routes (individual World Hiking Champions) will be scored.
Because of Covid-19 there is no individual ranking at the WanderWM.
Medical service : Doctor on duty and Red Cross
Catering: dextrose and drinks
Insurance: The event is covered by liability insurance through the ÖVV. Accident insurance is a matter for the participant.
The event takes place in any weather.
International Hiking Week
18 until 26 September 2021
During the International Hiking Week in the Karwendel Silver Region, from September 18 to 26, 2021, a varied program awaits all hiking enthusiasts.
- Possibility for a guided tour through Schwaz in the afternoon
- Hike through the Wolfsklamm to St. Georgenberg
- Holy mass at St. Georgenberg with musical accompaniment
- Evening: Twilight Snack in Vomp with the brass band "KARWENKA", Presenter: Harry Prünster
- Official opening of the International Hiking Week
- Drive into the Eng, sporty ones can march on foot over the Lamsenjoch into the Eng (guided hike)
- Live music in the various huts and inns
- Evening: Lecture "Peter Habeler - Lifelong Climbing" by Prof. Peter Habeler in the Community Hall Weerberg
- Culinary pleasure hike along the suspension bridge round
- Stamping at the Gasthof Steixner, Hotel Jägerhof, Hofer Stubn, Hotel Rettenberg
- Hiking day with Harry Prünster from Weerberg to Hüttegg
- Evening: Film screening and lecture by extreme sportsman and trail runner Markus Kröll "In 24 hours on the Berliner Höhenweg" in the Gallzein community hall
- Start of the hiking world championship
- Evening: Opening ceremony with subsequent celebration in the SZentrum in Schwaz
- Music: DJ Manuel, Moderation: Harry Prünster
- Hiking WM
- Hiking WM and hiking marathon
- Evening: Closing ceremony with prize distribution in the SZentrum
- Moderation: Harry Prünster
VIP wristband for the entire programme of the International Hiking Week (excluding registration fee for the Hiking World Championship)
- 30,- €
Take your fans with you.
Would you like to travel as a group? Our team will be happy to help you find suitable accommodation.