Historic city tour
On the trail of silver
Special flair at every turn
It was thanks to the mining of silver that the city of Schwaz developed into the second largest city in Austria in the Middle Ages - after Vienna.
Professionally managed cultural experience
Local guides accompany you through the alleyways and corners of the Silver City, leading you to hidden places and make the time of the past in the truest sense of the word felt. Hidden places are in the Schwazer old town quite a few. These special places remained hidden to the public until recently. They open their doors just for the occasion and form the highlights of the newly designed city tour. The roof truss of the parish church Maria Himmelfahrt is only one of the ten worth seeing stations of the free city tour.
Information about the free city guide
- The guided tour will take place in German
- From 10 June to 16 September 2021 from 15:00 to 17:00
- Meeting point: bus terminal at the shopping center, Wopfnerstraße, 6130 Schwaz
- For families and individuals
- No registration needed
- Especially for groups (bus trips): Paid guided tours bookable in D / E / F / I on T +43 (0) 5242 / 6960-101
- Parking is available in the garage of the Stadtgalerien shopping center and in the Stadtgarage Schwaz. Additional parking is available around the historic old town
Discover Schwaz on your own
Started - how could it be otherwise - at the city square in the center of Schwaz. From here you can stroll comfortably from sight to sight. Information boards show you the way. Get a city map in the town hall information. This gives you more valuable information. Smartphone owners can easily get useful information about the respective attraction on the phone.