Historical city tour
on the trail of silver
Special flair in every nook and cranny
It was thanks to the mining of silver that the city of Schwaz developed in the Middle Ages into the second largest city in Austria - after Vienna.
Professionally guided cultural experience
Home town guides accompany you through alleys and corners of the silver town, lead you to hidden places and make the time of that time tangible in the truest sense of the word. Hidden places are not few in the old town of Schwaz. These special places remained hidden from the public until recently. They open their gates only for this occasion and form the highlights of the newly conceived city tour. The roof truss of the Maria Himmelfahrt parish church is just one of a total of ten stops worth seeing on the free city tour.
Information about the free city tour
- 22.06. to 05.10.2023 every Thursday from 15:00 to 17:00 clock
- Meeting point: in front of the Treasury Schwaz (Franz-Josef-Strasse 23, 6130 Schwaz)
- Free guided tour, no registration required
- The tour takes place in German language
- For families and individuals
- Specially for groups (bus tours): Fee-based tours bookable in D/E/F/I at T +43(0)5242/6960-101
- Parking is available in the garage of the shopping center Stadtgalerien and in the Stadtgarage Schwaz. Other parking options are available around the historic old town
Discover Schwaz on your own
Start - how could it be otherwise - at the town square in the center of Schwaz. From here you stroll comfortably from sight to sight. Information boards will show you the way. Pick up a city map at the town hall information desk. This will give you further valuable information. Smartphone owners can conveniently download interesting facts about the respective sight to their phone.