about the corona virus
The office of the Silberregion Karwendel Tourism Association will be closed for party traffic until further notice.
Of course you can reach us during the usual opening hours (from Monday to Friday from 09:00 -12:00 and 13:00 - 17:00 o'clock) by phone under +43(0)5242/63240 or by email under firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to answer your questions as soon as possible!
The team of the Silberregion Karwendel
23 March 2020
All accommodation facilities were officially closed on Monday, 16 March 2020. For the moment the closure is valid until 13.04.2020.
The Schwaz District Authority announced that accommodation facilities may be used to accommodate workers and leasing workers employed by Austrian companies who carry out their activities in Austria. These persons may also be fed, i.e. food and beverages may be served to them.
However, the accommodation may NOT be used for tourist purposes - no "recreation seekers" may be accommodated.
The workers MUST have a main or secondary residence in Austria, otherwise they must leave the country immediately.
BH Schwaz would like to point out that there is no separate "special permit" from the Bezirkshauptmannschaft Schwaz for these accommodation facilities.
We have received the official decree from the district authorities regarding traffic restrictions under the Epidemic Law 1950.
Ordinance on traffic restrictions
Both the federal government and the state government have decided on further far-reaching MEASURES TO CONTAIN THE SPREAD OF CORONAVIRUS:
RESTRICTION ON RESTAURANTS AND SHOPS
- Restaurants, Cafés and bars are closed until further notice.
- Shops - with the exception of grocery stores, pharmacies, banks, pet food, drugstores, post offices and other areas of public life that need to be supplied - are closed until further notice.
- Parks, playgrounds and sports grounds have been closed.
CURFEW FOR TYROL
Until 13 April 2020, all Tyrolean communities are under quarantine due to the corona epidemic, based on the Epidemic Law:
- All persons who do not have a main or secondary residence in Tyrol must leave Tyrol immediately, unless they work in the critical infrastructure or supply.
- The borders are closed. Only persons who have a main or secondary residence in Tyrol or work in critical infrastructure or supply may enter Tyrol.
- Citizens may only leave their homes to cover basic services: Work that cannot be postponed, purchase of food or medicine, care of persons in need, care of animals
- Citizens are only allowed to leave their home municipality if basic services cannot be provided in the home municipality. Commuting to and from work is still permitted across municipal boundaries. The movement of goods remains permitted under certain conditions.
- All accommodation facilities, all restaurants, all cable cars are closed until April 13th.
- All shops (except systemically important ones such as grocery stores, pharmacies, petrol stations, etc.) are closed.
HELP WITH OPERATIONAL ISSUES
The following positions are available for operational questions. Due to the high demand for information and the associated high number of inquiries, we kindly ask you to submit them in writing by email.
Coronavirus Service Line Tyrol
T 05 90 90 5-1111
Mon-Thu from 8:00-17:00 and Fri from 8:00-13:00
T 05 90 900-4352
Mon-Fri from 8:00-20:00
Coronavirus Infopoint Schwaz
T 05 90 905-3710
Further Information about the current situattion you find here:
There are no more events for the moment.