getting there
by car

By car
into the Inn valley

From Bregenz and Munich you can reach the Silberregion Karwendel by car via the Inntal motorway A12 (toll road), exit Jenbach, Schwaz or Vomp.

  • Vignette required in Austria:
    If your route leads over the motorway, attach a vignette to your windscreen at an early stage. The automobile clubs, petrol stations and border crossing stations keep these ready at all times. For short breaks is a 10-day vignette . If you visit Tyrol longer or more often, the 2-month or yearly vignette is worthwhile. With the vignette you have free travel on arrival by car. Information on current prices can be found at
  • The Digital Vignette!
    Since 2018 there will be an innovative, comfortable and contemporary alternative to adhesive stickers for car and motorcycle owners with the Digital Vignette. From now on you can buy your digital vignette in the webshop or via the app Unterwegs. Like the adhesive sticker, there are ten-day, two-month and yearly vignettes. There is no difference in costs - the same period of validity and the same prices.

By car
into the Risstal

The Risstal can be reached by car from Munich via Bad Tölz and from Tyrol via the Achensee

Arrival by train to the Risstal:
By train you can travel to Bad Tölz or Lenggries, from there you can take a mountain bus to Hinterriss and the Eng Almen in the summer months.

Arrival by mountain bus to Risstal

Arrival by the Eng Bus:
A bus takes you every Wednesday to the jewel of Alpenpark Karwendel.